CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz

Trade and Battle other strong trainers. Beat the gym leaders. Have mini tourneys.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basic EV training stuff to know.

Go down 
+2
nikolasn73
CHIMCHAR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CHIMCHAR
Administrator
Administrator
CHIMCHAR

Number of posts : 234
Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 0516 4723 5706
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Basic EV training stuff to know. Empty
PostSubject: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:11 am

THE BASICS
This is for anyone who is new to the concept of EV training and would like to improve their team. The term "EV Training" mean Effort Value training. That's basically battling certain pokemon to gain EV points in certain stats. For instance, by defeating a starly, your pokemon who defeats it will be given 1 speed EV (for more pokemon and their EV's they give see the Point Chart.) For every 4 EV's in a stat that you get, it will reflect +1 on that stat's value on level 100. However, you cannot just give your pokemon infinite EV's for every stat. There is a max of 510 total EV's that are obtainable, with a max of 255 per stat. Typically, a pokemon is EV trained, or EV'd in two stats. Most people, when EV training, give one stat 252 EV's, another 252 EV's, and then 6 in a third stat. This is because 252 is the closest value to 255 that is divisible by 4. (4 because, again, for every 4 EV's you get in a stat, the stat is raised by 1 at level 100). By using 252 for your two priority stats, you have an extra 6 in which you can give to another stat by a point, please note that you can't have 1/2 points (pretty obvious but just making sure.)

HOW DO I MAKE IT FASTER?
If you are familiar with the basics, or are just becoming familiar with it, you may have tried it out. Are you finding that it takes FOREVER!? Well, this should help you be able to do it in a fraction of the time. First, it is necessary to get your pokemon infected with Pokerus, or PKRS. PKRS doubles the amount of EV's you get from beating a pokemon. So, that same starly from Section One, now gives you 2 speed EV's, WOOT!! That's not all, you can make it even faster. Certain items are out there that can accelerate the growth of your pokemon's stats even more. These awesome items happen to increase the EV's you earn from a pokemon by 4. Yes, 4. These are known as power items and can be purchased with 18 BP at the Battle Tower. More specifically these are:
Power Anklet: Gives +4 speed EV's
Power Bracer: Gives +4 attack EV's
Power Belt: Gives +4 defense EV's
Power Weight: Gives +4 HP EV's
Power Lens: Gives +4 Special Attack EV's
Power Band: Gives +4 Special Defense EV's
There is also an item known as the Macho Brace, which has the same effect as PKRS (doubles EV's received). So, if you use the macho brace and have PKRS, you will get 4 times the amount of EV's the pokemon gives you. If you are using power items along with PKRS, it may be kind of confusing. Here is the equation that will hopefully clear it up for you:
2(x+4) <--- In which "x" is the original number of EV's that the pokemon gives to you.
In other words that is 2 times the original number of EV's, plus the 4 you get from the power item. So more simply, if you battle a pokemon who give one EV, then you will get 10 because 1+4= 5... x 2 = 10.

COMMON QUESTIONS
Can I see how many EV's my pokemon has?
-No you cannot, these are invisible values that aren't visible in the game.

How do I know if I have gotten my 510 EV's?
-Simple. Go to Sunyshore city and enter the Seal Shop. Talk the to lady behind the first counter, no the man, and see what se says. If she gives your pokemon an Effort Ribbon, that means that all 510 EV's have been given to your pokemon. If not, it has room for more EV's.

Why EV train?
-It can drastically increase your pokemon's stats by the time it reaches level 100. To be exact, your pokemon can gain 63 points in the stats you gave 252, that's why.

That is all for now, I may add later but hopefully you get most of it now. Still have questions? Feel free to ask by replying to this topic. Thanks.

~CHIMCHAR o(0.0)o
Back to top Go down
http://chimchar.forumotion.com
nikolasn73

nikolasn73

Number of posts : 5
Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 012990263321
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:23 pm

how can i put back ev points to zero...i heard something avout verries...but berries are hard to be found...so what i do if i have a level 50 pokemon...but with messed up ev's.....
also can u tell me what IV training is??
Back to top Go down
Lennard
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Lennard

Number of posts : 144
Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 0903 1923 8578
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: IV's   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm

Iv's arent training but they are randomly chosen when you get a poke. Let's say you want good IV's the max is 31 but they are chosen randomly so it might take a while. But yeah, breed until you get the nature you want and the ability and then go to a battle lvl 100 go to summary with your fresh hatched poke and use an IV calculator wich can be found on Serebii and if it has bad IV's just keep breeding till' you get one with good IV's and also, if you put the poke you want male and female with good IV's or you breed with a Ditto that has good IV's there is a better chance you're going to get good IV's when your poke hatches. Im not the best on this subject but this is as much as I know. Hope I helped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CHIMCHAR
Administrator
Administrator
CHIMCHAR

Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Lenn did a good job of covering it, but I would suggest MetalKid's IV Calc. as it is much more accurate then the one on Serebii. Also, the only was to decrease EV's are with those berries, can't remember which ones at the moment, lol. I suggest, if you have a completely screwed up pokemon in EV's, rebreed it for the nature you want and look for good IV's.
Back to top Go down
Metallica20

Metallica20

Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 2191 6744 7727
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:27 pm

i dont really get the IV thing
wat r those for?
Back to top Go down
Jordan

Jordan

Number of posts : 44
Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 5326-7490-0983
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:27 am

Chimchar i figured out what the problem was with my Togekiss. It already got all its EV's
Back to top Go down
nikolasn73

nikolasn73

Number of posts : 5
Gym Badges :

FC : 012990263321
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am

thnx lennard Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
CHIMCHAR
Administrator
Administrator
CHIMCHAR

Gym Badges :

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:20 am

Metallica, I am about to make a new topic that introduces the concept of IV's, they are a little more advanced.
Back to top Go down
Alberto

Number of posts : 13
Gym Badges :
Basic EV training stuff to know. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Basic EV training stuff to know. Right_bar_bleue

FC : 4425 1051 8163
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:54 am

ok got it
Basic EV training stuff to know. 256389[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonwifiisfun.bubblelol.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic EV training stuff to know.   Basic EV training stuff to know. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic EV training stuff to know.
Page 1 of 1