CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz

Trade and Battle other strong trainers. Beat the gym leaders. Have mini tourneys.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elite Four Rules

Go down 
+3
Hysteria
Metallica20
Caitie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caitie
Mod
Mod
Caitie

Number of posts : 131
Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 4811 5870 8146
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:36 pm

Elite Four Challengers,

Please read the following rules. They do not differ from your gym battles much, but these rules will be enforced more severely. You WILL be punished if any rules are broken.

Keep in Mind: The use of any hacked Pokemon is strictly forbidden. This means Pokemon created by Pokesav or any other cheating devices even with legit stats are not allowed. If you are caught with any hacked Pokemon, your team is subjected to being banned for a certain period of time. If you refuse, an inspection of your team by an admin or moderator to check for hacked Pokemon will ensue. Or, if you are caught lying to an admin or moderator, a strict punishment will be enforced upon you.

Make sure your Pokemon are legitimately obtained before using them. If you got your Pokémon in the GTS, check them using IV calculators. Or, if you don’t completely trust yourself, ask an admin or moderator to engage in a trade – not for Pokémon, but to check the stats of your Pokémon to see if they are legitimate. Having no “legit” Pokemon available is no excuse.

Please note: Any team participating on this elite four level is subject to inspection of their Pokémon by CHIMCHAR staff at any time. If you cuss, or treat any member of the forum badly, you are subject to a ban for an appropriate amount of time.

The following are settings that are to be used in all Elite Four Pokémon matches:

Match Type: Level 100 Standard Play Only.
Best of: 1 match (6 Pokemon each)

In addition, the following rules apply to all Elite Four matches:

Species Clause: You may not have more than one of the same exact Pokemon on your team.

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon on either team may be put to sleep by their opponent at the same time. This does not include self-induced sleep techniques such as rest.

One Hit KO Clause: Any techniques that produces a One Hit KO on the opponent are banned from use. No horn drill, sheer cold, or fissure.

Self KO Clause: If both players are on their last Pokemon, and one player performs a Self-KO move such as Explosion, and both players' Pokemon faint as a result, the player that initiated the move will be the loser of the battle. This does not include moves or items induce recoil as an effect.

Evasion Clause: Any moves that increase your Pokemon's evasion skills are banned from use. This is due to the simple reason that it brings the battles to a gamble, a luck draw, if you will.

Item Clause/Restriction is OFF: That means you may use more than one of the same item. Just try to refrain from six focus sashes, and luck items don't actually help much anyway -- they are based in luck, after all. Wink

Of course, the final and most important rule to keep battles strictly OU: NO UBER POKEMON MAY BE USED. Please check the list of Tiers on the main forum for more information. SOME legendaries are permitted, but UBER legendaries may not be used. (Ie. Zapdos is permitted, but the use of Darkrai is FORBIDDEN).

Last edited by Caitie on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caitie
Mod
Mod
Caitie

Gym Badges :

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:01 pm

A champion actually needs to be a good battler. For instance, the elite four has to be finished, as well as the gyms. The champion will be required to get all eight badges and beat all of the (so far near unbeatable) Elite Four members [Tom is particularly difficult]. We have three elite four people because we haven't found someone that is good enough to be the fourth member and accepts.

This is why we have try outs (for gym leaders).
Back to top Go down
Metallica20

Metallica20

Number of posts : 234
Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 2191 6744 7727
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:48 am

i wish i could try ut but i need a Wifi usb thingy since i dont want to go look for connetion any more
Back to top Go down
Caitie
Mod
Mod
Caitie

Gym Badges :

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:38 pm

No, the try outs are for gym leaders. I'm sure if chimchar or Tom saw some great skill within one of these battles, they'd tell me and we'd consider the person.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Number of posts : 25
Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 3823 7929 0071
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:16 pm

I think these rules should apply to Gym Leaders as well.
Back to top Go down
Caitie
Mod
Mod
Caitie

Gym Badges :

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:33 pm

I suggested it, but it's up to The Known Unknown and Chimchar to decide on the leaders in the end.
Back to top Go down
Lennard
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Lennard

Number of posts : 144
Gym Badges :

FC : 0903 1923 8578
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: no!   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:31 pm

I think the gym leaders may choose their own rules OR Gym leaders are also allowed 2 fillers because it's different for the 2 am I right?
Back to top Go down
Caitie
Mod
Mod
Caitie

Gym Badges :

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Lennard, the reason the argument over structured rules has sparked is simply because some of the leaders have tried to take advantage of their status and ability to choose their rules. They took their pokemon type, chose the moves/types/legends that were to their disadvantage and chose to ban them. The point of being a leader is being a good sport and a good battler.

I think it's best to keep the leaders with one type. It keeps things structured, and similar to the games/anime.
Back to top Go down
Metallica20

Metallica20

Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 2191 6744 7727
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:38 pm

i agree with u cate
but i dot get wat u mean by "chose the moves/types/legends that were to their disadvantage and chose to ban them"
Back to top Go down
poke'sam

poke'sam

Number of posts : 11
Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 2148 7770 7461
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:08 am

im with cait on this 2

as toms bug gym had a weak typin yet he remained unbeaten
so its just a proof of skill if that makes sense hehe
Back to top Go down
Pokemon_Master09
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Pokemon_Master09

Number of posts : 161
Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 4425 0913 1296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Can there be 2 or more of the same type?
Back to top Go down
CHIMCHAR
Administrator
Administrator
CHIMCHAR

Gym Badges :
Elite Four Rules Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Elite Four Rules Right_bar_bleue

FC : 0516 4723 5706

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:37 pm

yes that is fine, but keep in mind, you have to beat us all with the same team.
Back to top Go down
http://chimchar.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Elite Four Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elite Four Rules   Elite Four Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elite Four Rules
Page 1 of 1