CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz

Trade and Battle other strong trainers. Beat the gym leaders. Have mini tourneys.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sub-Usergroups?

Go down 
+2
Pokemon_Master09
Prof. Oak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Oak

Prof. Oak

Number of posts : 60
Gym Badges :
Sub-Usergroups? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sub-Usergroups? Right_bar_bleue

FC : 4811 5696 8804
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am

Hello all. I mentioned this in the chatbox once with Drew and he seemed to think of it a good idea.

Basically, Sub-Usergroups.

Now I don't want to seem like I'm harping on anyone, but there have been some complaints, "crybabies" if you will, who want to be in a usergroup. Being how there are only 4 usergroups (1 of which I'm assuming is unobtainable), I was thinking of making usergoups below main ones.

For example:

Sub-Usergroups? 1-10010Gym Trainers- These will be under the Gym Leaders usergroup. Gym Trainers will use nearly the same type of pokemon of the gym they are assigned to, maybe perhaps though a minimum of 3 same-type. Gym Trainers are then challenged by new members in order for those new members to be promoted to Pokemon Trainers.
Also, since the Gym Trainers will be like a protogé of the gym they're under, if for any reason something should happen to the Gym Leader, step down, removed or promoted to the Elite Four, the Gym Trainer (if more than one, the best of battling all that gym's trainers) could be promoted to Gym Leader, since he/she already has battling experince with that gym.
Gym Trainers would be chosen by battling the Gym Leader and approved by forum admins.
Sub-Usergroups? 1-10210Professor Aids- The group of Professors is mainly reserved for people who are very, VERY knowledgable in pokemon. They give advice, opinions, quizes etc. basically they have to know pretty much everything about the pokemon world. So far, the only way to become a Professor is by taking the Professor Test, a test of 20 questions that determins how much one really knows about pokemon. All questions (or near to it) must be answered in order to qualify for a Professor.
Professor Aid is gained by taking the test and completing at least half of the questions correctly.
Sub-Usergroups? 1-8010Pokemon Trainers- These are for new members who join the forum. New members can then challenge Gym Trainers to be promoted to Pokemon Trainers.
A new member does not have to battle any or all Gym Trainers to get to the Gym Leader, however, without battling Gym Trainers, they will not be promoted to Pokemon Trainers.
Pokemon Trainers will probably have levels, as there will (hopefully) be alot of Gym Trainers to battle. The more Gym Trainers defeated, the higher the level they go. These levels are not associated with gym badges.
Pokemon Trainer status and levels would be reported to forum admins by Gym Trainers.

I suggest this because nearly everyone who isn't in a usergroup, wants to be. Hopefully by adding more usergroups, but not "full status" usergroups will tone this down a little. Everyone can be part of a usergroup this way.
The only ones not in a usergroup are new members, obviously, and they can be promoted to groups by the above mentioned.

FIRST THOUGH, like Chimchar always states is to fill up the Gym Leaders! There are spots still open, so unless these positions are filled, these sub usergroups will never see the light of day!

The sub groups should make this forum a little more fun to enjoy as there will be new challenges to accomplish and battles always being fought.
Back to top Go down
http://profoak.forumandco.com/
Pokemon_Master09
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Pokemon_Master09

Number of posts : 161
Gym Badges :
Sub-Usergroups? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Sub-Usergroups? Right_bar_bleue

FC : 4425 0913 1296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:57 pm

Very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Monkey

Monkey

Number of posts : 50
Gym Badges :

FC : 0000 0000 0000
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:04 pm

sounds good Oak

MonkeyJR
Back to top Go down
http://chimchar.forumotion.com/
Lennard
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
Lennard

Number of posts : 144
Gym Badges :
Sub-Usergroups? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Sub-Usergroups? Right_bar_bleue

FC : 0903 1923 8578
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: I have an idea   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 am

You know how in the game there are those trainers you battle before the gym leader? If you take the path that is.... lol maybe you should have like 2-3 guys you must beat before you challenge the gym leader this is only a suggestion by the way
Back to top Go down
King

King

Number of posts : 19
Gym Badges :
Sub-Usergroups? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Sub-Usergroups? Right_bar_bleue

FC : 2019 7142 8410
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I think u should add Elite 4 protegie's too so the gym trainers,or anybody, can have sumone to challenge to earn the rite to challenge the elite 4.
They could b 1-2 people u have to beat before you can challenge the elite 4
1 of the Elite 4 could tell them how many trainers they have to beat or they could jus take them on without them having to challenge the Elite 4 protegies
But still,this seems like a good idea
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bishopprodigy
Monkey

Monkey

Gym Badges :

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:42 am

2 kind of expand on Kings idea we could make 'Victory Road' trainers
this would include people who beat all eight gym badges, and battle people who just get all eight gym badges
BUT BEFORE WE CAN DO ANY OF THIS WE NEED TO GET EIGHT GYM LEADERS
so...TRY OUT
Back to top Go down
CHIMCHAR
Administrator
Administrator
CHIMCHAR

Number of posts : 234
Gym Badges :
Sub-Usergroups? Left_bar_bleue7 / 1007 / 100Sub-Usergroups? Right_bar_bleue

FC : 0516 4723 5706
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Guys, the only problem with having gobs and gobs of user groups, is that it could get very confusing. Also, MonkeyJR, why don't you try out?
Back to top Go down
http://chimchar.forumotion.com
Monkey

Monkey

Gym Badges :

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Chimchar, i have 2 points 2 make so read up
first off, have u thought of making 'ranks' not all groups and sub-groups
second, i am not going for a gym leader becase i don't stick 2 1 type and (non-EV)training for champion so guys...TRY OUT FOR GYM LEADERS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sub-Usergroups? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sub-Usergroups?   Sub-Usergroups? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sub-Usergroups?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CHIMCHAR-Forum for PokeFreekz :: Site Info. :: Suggestions, Comments, Concerns?-
Jump to: